Search This Blog

Tuesday 18 October 2011

The ones you think will always be there

The one thing in life you can always rely on is your friends, right? Or maybe not...

I started hanging out with my current group of friends almost a year ago now, they were quite a close knit, small group - 2 girls, 2 guys. I got introduced by one of the guys and from then on it's all gone quite smoothly. Yeah, we've had our little tiffs and arguments, but all in all I've settled in quite well. If anything you could even say I've become the main girl in the group, me and the guys happily hang out without the other two, but we're still a group on the whole.

You see I'd forgotten one of the simple rule of teenage life - Girls are bitches.

They've been hinting for a while that they feel left out, but today their jealousy of my friendship with the guys reached a whole new level. Hints that they just pity me and are too polite to get rid of me were thrown around, as well as side remarks of how i'm still the newbie and have no real power in the group. It's become clear to me that they view me as a threat, but weirdly, that intrigues me!

This could go on for a while yet, but for the gossip I've heard it looks as though the girls could be fighting a losing battle, so let's see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment